Here are some interesting facts about the cute black and white panda bear...
1) 99% of a pandas diet consists of bamboo.
2) Pandas can spend up to 12 hours a day eating.
3) Baby pandas are born pink and measure about 15cm.
4) These bears are endangered and estimated that only about 1000 remain in the
5) Their lifespan is about 20 years.
6) Pandas are commonly used as a symbol of peace in China.
7) More than half of newborn pandas die from diseases or from being accidentally crushed by their mothers.
8) An adult giant panda weighs about 200-300 pounds.
9) Pandas have lived on earth for 2 to 3 million years.
- If you enjoyed those 9 facts about panda bears, be sure to head on over to our Facebook page and see what else you can find about bears. We also post giveaways, contests, discounts and more.
- Feel free to share these panda facts with your friends on social media!
- If you ever need any help finding something, you can talk to live support by clicking the Facebook instant messenger icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Save The Bears Project