Want to know more about black bears? Well, maybe these six things will tickle your fancy.
1) Black bears can run up to 35 miles per hour. Don't try to outrun a bear. It's impossible.
2) Black bears love to eat cabbage, berries, wild cherries, acorns and beechnuts.
3) Not all black bears look black. Some can be brown, cinnamon, blonde, white, and gray-blue.
4) Black bears can only be found in North America and are thought to have a population of around 800,000.
5) Black bears are excellent tree climbers. Cubs can be adventurous and climb high up in trees.
6) Black bears live for an average of 18 years in the wild.
Thanks for reading! We hope you learned something new about black bears.
- If you enjoyed those 6 facts about black bears, be sure to head on over to our Facebook page and see what else you can find about bears. We also post giveaways, contests, discounts and more.
- Feel free to share these black bear facts with your friends on social media!
- If you ever need any help finding something, you can talk to live support by clicking the Facebook instant messenger icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Be sure to subscribe and enter the den below so we can send you notifications of more great bear info along with announcements, deals, specials, discounts and more!
-Save The Bears Project